2013年12月9日星期一

Scattered thoughts about 'Secondhand Lions'

It has been a long time I haven't seen such great movie that touched me, educated me,and struck me both artistically and philosophically.
In general, I really like the overall mood of this movie----the main part of the story happens on a remote farm, which kind of actualize traditional fairy tales usually happen in a totally fictitious place.However, I have to say the whole story is still a fairy tale because it purifies and beautifies a lot of complicated things in real life. In the movie, the remote farm is insulated not only by distance,but also by some signs read "DANGER EXPLOSIVES IN AREA NO TRESPASSING KEEP OUT", "ATTACK DOGS AND A PIG", "NUCLEAR RADIATION",etc.Actually, these are things that insulate us from fairy tales. Of course, I don't mean the literal meaning of those signs and there was no such things on the signs exist in the farm.Those signs are created on purpose to keep people away from the farm, but in reality, people like to create obstacles by themselves to block their own way to "pure land".
There was no terrifying crash scenes to excite you, there was no heartbroken love story to upset you, there even was not hot guys and girls to attract you. It's just a simple story save you from the cruel reality, give you a breath from your rushing life.I know it's all about not-gonna-happen dreams, but I'd rather believe in it just like what Hub taught me in the movie:

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things needs to believe in the most.That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that goods always triumphs over evil; and I want to you to remember this, that love...true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."

没有评论:

发表评论