2013年11月28日星期四

Homesick

I feel I am the one who seldom feels homesick.
I still remember the first day I arrived my university--two of my roommates couldn't stop crying after their parents left. My father also came with me to my university in Beijing which is really far from my hometown. The last time I saw him before he went back home was in a hospital where I was doing my physical examination and he just came by and said goodbye to me. I didn't feel much then and afterwards so my roomates' upset was quite beyond my understanding. However,it's maybe just like my mom always says "You are just too shy or too disdainful to show your true feelings". Yes, I am a real coward when expressing my fragile feelings. Sometimes, I even cannot face up my true feelings by myself.
There do exist one occasion when I truly feel homesick or I can properly face my homesick.That is when I miss the food there, the food only exists in my hometown, the food I've got used to for 18 years, the food made by my parents.Food is an essential part that connects you to your hometown, it stimulates your homesickness.Food reminds you of how you felt when you ate it, with whom you ate it with, when and where you ate it, who made it for you...all of these burn your desire to come back, to recreate the scene in your memory. There is a saying: To capture a man's heart, capture his stomach. I think your hometown does the same thing.
Hometown is not a physical site,instead, it more exists in your mental world. Your hometown could not be beautiful, but it must be warm. There, you can find things that grew up with you, places that you are most familiar with, language or accent through which you can best express yourself, people who were in company with you when you were in your most naive period, families who will never leave you... these form your root which forms you.





没有评论:

发表评论